Terms & Conditions of Hire
1.1 The “Client” means the person/s, organisation or company booking the equipment, act or entertainment with the “Company”.
1.2 The “Company” means THE FUN EXPERTS LTD T/A ENTERTAINMENT SOLUTIONS.
1.3 ‘Dry’ hire is the hire of equipment for the ‘client’ to operate and supervise themselves.
1.4 ‘Wet’ hire is the hire of equipment or entertainment accompanied by a representative of the ‘company’ to supervise use of the booked equipment or entertainment.
2.1 All equipment remains the property of the company at all times.
2.2 By placing an order with us either verbally or via e-mail regardless of whether a booking form has been returned or deposit paid it is deemed that the customer has read, understood, fully agreed to and is bound by all our terms and conditions of hire.
2.3 In the event of traffic or other uncontrollable circumstances preventing us from being able to fulfil our contractual obligations our liability shall be limited to a refund of any monies paid in relation to the contracted event or a pro rata reduction in the hire fee in the event of delayed start. No further compensation will be paid irrespective of any loss of earnings.
Prices, Deposit & Balance Payments
3.1 All hires are subject to a deposit of at least 25% (Deposit is non refundable).
3.2 The balance to be paid in full and cleared 7 days prior to the event start date unless approved account facilities are held.
3.3 Terms for approved account clients will be strictly 14 days from invoice date unless agreed in writing by the company.
3.4 Advertised prices are subject to change without prior notification.
3.5 The company reserves the right to charge interest on all overdue accounts at 2% above its banker’s current interest rate.
3.6 All prices are subject to VAT at the current rate.
4.1 Any cancelled order is subject to the following cancellation charges
Within 8 weeks prior to event 25% of order value
Within 6 weeks prior to event 50% of order value
Within 4 weeks prior to event 75% of order value
Within 2 weeks prior to event 100% of order value
5.1 The company reserves the right to substitute hired equipment with equipment of a similar type and value without notice in the event of previous damage or loss of booked equipment.
5.2 All sizes quoted are approximate.
5.3 All goods remain the property of the company at all times.
5.4 The company reserve the right to amend or alter any product specifications without prior notice.
Site Location, Facilities & Conduct
6.1 Hired equipment will be set up in one location only as agreed on arrival and will not be moved once unloaded.
6.2 The company reserve the right to refuse delivery if the venue or site is deemed to be unsuitable by our delivery personnel or if the client has failed to notify the company of any delivery obstructions such as stairs or excessive loading distances from our vehicle to the installation site. In such a case no refund will be given and the full hire fee will be due.
6.3 The client is responsible for ensuring that suitable security and crowd control measures are in place prior to start of event.
6.4 The company reserves the right to cease operation and remove hired equipment from site if at any time a representative of the company feels that guests or clients conduct endangers the safety of the guests, clients, themselves or the safety of the hired equipment. In such cases no refund will be given and full contracted fees will be due to the company.
Liability & Insurance
7.1 The company’s liability insurance covers use of the equipment only whilst booked on ‘wet’ hire (supervised by a representative of the company).
7.2 The client agrees to indemnify the company for any damage or theft of the company’s equipment whilst on hire.
7.3 The company accept no liability for any damage or loss of personal property and or any injury arising from the use of the hired equipment.
7.4 Any equipment booked on ‘dry hire’ is not covered by the company’s insurance policy and the client is responsible for suitable insurance cover.
- An event is only confirmed when we are in receipt of your signed hire agreement together with the non-refundable booking fee.
It is important that you return your hire agreement to us within 10 working days otherwise we cannot guarantee our availability.
- A safe electrical supply must be provided for the equipment/artist/entertainers use. As a minimum we need two 13amp sockets within 10m of our area.
For events taking place in a marquee we have special document available which informs your marquee provider of our power & marquee requirements.
- For DJ hire we require at least an hour to rig and a further hour to dismantle our equipment.
If the start time is delayed due to reasons beyond our control then the client must understand that we still need an hour, but will try to set up as quickly and as safely as possible.
- In the unlikely event that your artist/entertainer will be unable to perform due to unforeseen circumstances such as illness or other emergency then we will send another artist/entertainer with similar equipment and experience to cover the event for the same cost.
- Our staff have the right to work in a safe environment. We will not tolerate abuse (physical or otherwise) and reserve the right to end any booking without further notice.
In such cases a refund will not be given.
- Entertainment Solutions are fully insured, tax registered and provide full booking agreements and invoices with all bookings.
- The balance of the total fee must be received no later than 10 working days prior to the event. Payment can be made by cheque (made payable to Entertainment Solutions) or by internet bank transfer. Bank details are available on request. We do not accept balance payments in cash on the night other than by prior arrangement.
- The artist/entertainer assigned to your event will be holding your date exclusively for you and will turn away all other work. The potential loss of work in the event of a cancellation is real and tangible therefore we will charge a cancellation fee. Cancellations must be made in writing or by e-mail. We do not accept telephone cancellations.
- If you cancel outside of the 90-day period you are free to cancel your event without penalty other than losing your non-refundable booking fee.